The QSuper 2019 Queensland Police and Emergency Services Games are an amateur multi-sport event open only to entrants who meet the eligibility criteria. All eligible participants should familiarise themselves with this Entry Information, prior to registering.
GENERAL ENTRY PROCEDURES AND CONDITIONS
It recommended that you consult the Sports Schedule to plan ahead to participate in one or more sports. See individual sports on this website for detailed timings. The schedule is subject to change in the lead up to the games and at the discretion of the Games Committee.
All eligible participants are able to enter in more than one event within a sport or more than one sport. It should be noted that the onus is on the individual who has entered in multiple events to attend event they have entered at the nominated time or risk forfeiting their entry, including all registration and sport fees.
For the purpose of the games, age categories are sport specific – please refer to the individual sport profiles on this website. If necessary, please consult with the individual Sport Coordinator whose contact details are available on the individual sports page. The final decision regarding all competitions is at the discretion of the Games Committee.
Queensland Police Officers please note that these games DO NOT qualify for Sporting Leave under the HR Standard – Leave (Police Officers). The Standard provides that sporting leave will not be granted for the purpose of competing in public service or police sporting competitions at any level. However, consideration may be given to the granting of recreation leave, long service leave or leave without salary (at the officer’s discretion) for such purposes.
Please note that registration is only via online through this website. Under no circumstances will a person be permitted to compete if they have not registered via the online website. No registrations or cash payments will be accepted on the day.
The Registration Fee is $35.00 and individual Sport Fees do apply. You must register for the games before you can register for a sport. The Registration Fee applies to every individual whether entering a single or multiple sport and is payable only once.
If eligible, parents or guardians MUST register their children but only in the children’s sports they are permitted to compete. The Registration Fee of $35 must be paid but there is no sport fee applicable.
All registered participants for this year’s Games will receive an official 2019 Games back pack, to be collected by each participant from the official merchandise supplier, Struddys Merchandise Co, at a marquee at locations to be confirmed. Notification will appear on the News page of this website or at your sport venue.
Please be advised that an official registration receipt is generated upon final payment to the email address you provided during registration. If you did not receive a receipt, then you need to check the email address you provided.
Please bring your official receipt and a valid agency identification document with you to each sport in which you have registered.
If you have any problems with registration, please contact the games management team via email at email@example.com
If after registration you wish to enter another sport event, simply use the email address you previously provided to log back into your games account.
See the ‘How to Register’ page for detailed registration instructions using the Cart Menu.
Due to high demand, registrations will remain open 24 hours prior to the start of an event.
Medals will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd finalists. Presentations will generally occur at the end of each event. Where the sport goes over the estimated time of concluding, medals will be presented at the discretion of the individual sport coordinator at the appropriate time and in consultation with the Games Manager. It is the responsibility of the participant/s to accept their award or have someone present to accept it on their behalf.
EVENT ALTERATIONS/CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS, AND WITHDRAWALS
The Games Committee reserves the right to alter or make changes to the times, dates, location and event programming wherever necessary. Notifications of any changes will be placed on the News page of this website.
Prior to the commencement of the games, any sport or event may be cancelled by mutual agreement between the respective Sport Coordinator and the Games Committee. It is the responsibility of the Sports Coordinator to contact all competitors when an event is cancelled. Agency Key Points of Contact will also be able to assist. In these circumstances a full refund of the registration and sports fee will be made available to the individuals concerned.
If an event is cancelled, it is ultimately the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Games Committee in writing if the refund has not been received. Written notification must be received by 15 November 2019 and addressed to: Games Committee, 2019 Queensland Police and Emergency Services Games, and forwarded via email firstname.lastname@example.org
After the games commence (8 October 2019), a competitor who withdraws from any event will not be eligible for a refund unless they have endeavoured to notify the relevant Sports Coordinator or the Games Manager at least two days prior to the event. The contact details for the individual sport coordinator is available on the sport profile on the games website. The Games Manager can be contacted via email email@example.com
Further, only sports fees will be refunded when the entrant withdraws due to illness or injury; family tragedy; unexpected ‘on duty’ requirement or emergency situations; or any other circumstances to be considered by the Games Committee.
In any circumstance, the Games Committee will not be liable for reimbursement of any costs associated with travel, accommodation, vehicle hire/lease or other related travel expenses incurred by competitors or officials in this instance.
An administration fee of $10 maybe applied to all refunds where a competitor withdraws.
The registration process for team sports is noted on the individual sports profile under ‘Fees and Registration.’ Please note that all team members must individually register before taking part in the Games.
DRUGS AND ALCOHOL
The use of banned performance enhancing substances and methods by competitors (as listed by the Australian Sports Drugs Agency) is prohibited in this event. Furthermore, Sports Coordinators may prohibit any person from competing in any event or competition if in their opinion that person is displaying the effects of alcohol. No refunds will be provided in these circumstances.
BLOOD & INFECTIOUS DISEASES POLICY
The Games Committee is applying the Infectious Diseases Policy produced by Sports Medicine Australia and is available here: Policy – Infectious Disease
MERCHANDISE AND TEAM KIT
The official merchandise supplier for the games is Struddys and this will be managed through Struddys website available here.
All participants in team sports are encouraged to participate in matching team kit. Check out Struddys team Design Station available here.
Team T-shirts/singlets may be compulsory in some sports.
INJURY AND ILLNESS
All competitors should be sufficiently fit and ready for competition to maximise enjoyment and to minimise personal injury. If unsure, or competing in strenuous competition, please consult your physician before commencing competition.
Injuries that occur as a result of participating in the games must be reported to the Sports Coordinator as soon as possible and recorded on the ‘Incident Form.’
The Australia & New Zealand Police Games Federation, Policy Number 5 ‘Concussion Policy’ is applied to these games. The policy is available here: ANZPGF Policy 5 – Concussion
Other Reference Documents include:
Sports Medicine Australia – Concussion in Sport Policy (2018) available here: Sports Medicine Australia – Concussion in Sport Policy
Concussion Recognition Tool 5 (Sports Medicine Australia, 2017) available here: SPORT CONCUSSION ASSESSMENT TOOL
In the event that there is a dispute regarding the conduct of a person or persons during a competition or in the period of time before and after directly associated with that competition, the Sport Coordinator will resolve same in the first instance. In the event that the dispute is not resolved by the Coordinator, then the issue will be escalated to the Games Manager. The Games Managers’ decision is final.
All participants and persons involved in the Games are reminded that their conduct is seen as a direct reflection of not only their agency, but the whole games. Both during the competition and elsewhere, participants must behave in a suitable manner.
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To participate in the games an entrant must accept the Terms and Conditions during the registration process. A person who does not accept the terms and conditions will not be permitted to enter and compete.
This is an important document and you should read it carefully before agreeing to the following terms and conditions. Upon agreeing, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these terms and conditions. The following terms and conditions must be read carefully:
In consideration of your application for registration in the Queensland Police Sporting Association Inc. activity being accepted you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) Definitions – in these terms and conditions:
a) “QPSA Inc” means and includes Queensland Police Sporting Association Inc., its subsidiaries, members, and their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
b) “QPSA Inc. activity” means any authorised or recognised event or activity conducted by QPSA Inc. including, but not limited to, the Queensland Police and Emergency Services Games and other events conducted by QPSA Inc.
c) “Claim” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising from or in connection with the QPSA Inc. activity, but does not include a claim against QPSA Inc.
d) by any person expressly entitled to make a claim under a QPSA Inc. insurance policy; or
e) under any right expressly conferred by its constitution or regulations.
f) “agency” means the agencies referred to in the participant eligibility document available at www.qldpolicegames.com.au outlining eligibility to participate at the QPSA Inc. activity.
g) “Organisers” means QPSA Inc. and the Games Committee.
2) If accepted you will be permitted by QPSA Inc. to participate in the QPSA Inc. activity subject to you complying with the terms and conditions of the QPSA Inc. activity and the terms and conditions of the relevant venue from which the QPSA Inc. activity is being conducted, these terms and conditions, QPSA Inc. policies, and your agency’s policies which apply to participants in the relevant QPSA Inc. activity and any reasonable direction issued by the organisers or their representatives. A copy of each of these documents is available upon request from the organisers.
3) Upon acceptance of your application to participate in the QPSA Inc. activity, these terms and conditions and your registration application will constitute a contract between you and QPSA Inc. Accordingly, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any regulations, policies or codes which apply or relate to participants in the QPSA Inc. activity, including an eligible agency’s Code of Conduct or similar document. Further, you agree that QPSA Inc. may report any behaviour by you which may be a breach of a Code of Conduct or similar document to your agency. You agree to submit to any disciplinary measures taken against you by the agency for an alleged breach of the Code of Conduct or similar document and shall only appeal any disciplinary decision in the manner permitted by the agency. This may include the agency’s Code of Conduct or similar document, as well as any applicable disciplinary regulations. You agree and acknowledge that upon acceptance of your application you will be bound by the policies of both QPSA Inc. and your agency in relation to the QPSA Inc activity, including those outlined in paragraph two and three of these terms and conditions. By submitting this application, you declare that you have not engaged in doping and that you are not currently subject to any sanctions for being in breach of any applicable anti-doping rules.
4) Risk Warning: your participation in the QPSA Inc. activity supplied by the organisers is inherently dangerous and may involve risk. There are risks specifically associated with participation in the QPSA Inc. activity and accidents can and often do happen which may result in personal injury, death or property damage. Prior to participating in the QPSA Inc. activity, you should ensure that you are aware of all of the risks involved, including those risks associated with any health condition you may have. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge, agree, and understand that participation in the QPSA Inc. activity may involve risk. You agree and undertake any such risk voluntarily and at your own risk. You acknowledge that the assumption of risk and warning above constitutes a ‘risk warning’ in accordance with relevant legislation, where applicable.
5) Waiver: It is possible for a supplier of recreational services or recreational activities to ask you to agree that statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (which is Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) do not apply to you (or a person for whom or on whose behalf you are acquiring the services or activities). By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you will be agreeing that your rights (or the rights of a person for whom or on whose behalf you are acquiring the services) to sue the supplier in relation to recreational services or recreational activities that you undertake because the services or recreational activities provided were not in accordance with the guarantees are excluded, restricted or modified as set out below and in Schedule 1 to these terms and conditions.
6) Release & Indemnity: in consideration of QPSA Inc. accepting your application to participate in the QPSA Inc. activity, to the extent permitted by law you:
a) release and forever discharge QPSA Inc. from all claims that you may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with this application and/or undertaking the QPSA Inc. activity; and
b) release and indemnify QPSA Inc. against any claim which may be made by you or on your behalf for or in respect of or arising out of your death whether caused by the negligence or breach of contract by QPSA Inc. or in any other manner whatsoever; and
c) indemnify and will keep indemnified and hold harmless QPSA Inc. to the extent permitted by law in respect of any claim by any person:
i arising as a result of or in connection with you undertaking the QPSA Inc. activity; and
ii against QPSA Inc. in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your failure to comply with the rules or directions of QPSA Inc. (or any authorised person), save that the above releases and indemnities shall not apply to the extent that the loss, damage or injury that is the subject of the claim is caused or contributed to by the grossly negligent act or omission of QPSA Inc.
7) Insurance: you acknowledge and agree that whilst QPSA Inc. maintain public liability, product liability and professional indemnity insurance cover it does not maintain any personal accident insurance. Accordingly, QPSA Inc. does not provide any insurance in relation to loss, damage or injury that you suffer during your participation in the QPSA Inc. activity. You agree that your own insurance arrangements are ultimately your responsibility and you will arrange any insurance coverage at your expense after taking into account QPSA Inc. insurance arrangements and your own circumstances.
8) Disclosure of medical conditions – You warrant that prior to participating in the QPSA Inc. activity you:
a) are and must continue to be medically and physically fit and able to undertake and participate in the QPSA Inc. activity;
b) are not a danger to yourself or to the health and safety of others;
c) have not at any time suffered any blackout, seizure, convulsion, fainting or dizzy spells; and
d) are not presently receiving treatment for any condition, illness, disorder or injury which would render it unsafe for you to take part in the QPSA Inc. activity.
9) You acknowledge that you must, and you agree that you will, disclose to QPSA Inc. any pre-existing medical or other condition that may affect the risk that either you or any other person will suffer injury, loss or damage. You acknowledge that QPSA Inc. relies on information provided by you and that all such information is accurate and complete. You agree to report any accidents, injuries, loss or damage you suffer during the QPSA Inc. activity to QPSA Inc. before you leave any relevant venue. You consent to receiving any medical treatment that QPSA Inc. or its authorised representatives consider necessary or desirable during or after the QPSA Inc. activity and agree to reimburse QPSA Inc. for any costs or expenses incurred in providing such medical treatment.
10) Safety: you understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance before or during your involvement in the QPSA Inc. activity, and you accept full responsibility for any injury, loss or damage associated with the consumption of alcohol or any other mind-altering substance. You agree to follow any rules set by the organisers in connection with the QPSA Inc. activity. If you fail to comply with the rules and/or directions of QPSA Inc. , you will not be permitted to participate or to continue to participate in the QPSA Inc. activity and no refund will be given.
11) Bar to proceedings: QPSA Inc. may plead this contract as a bar to proceedings now or in the future commenced by or on behalf of you or by any person claiming through you. Where you seek to commence proceedings against QPSA Inc. , you:
a) will commence those proceedings in the courts of the jurisdiction in which any incident occurs;
b) waive any right to object to the exercise of such jurisdiction;
c) will, where you seek to commence proceedings in another jurisdiction from where any incident occurs, consent (if required by QPSA Inc. ) to move those proceedings to the jurisdiction in which any incident occurs including consenting to any application made by QPSA Inc. to remove the proceedings to the jurisdiction in which any incident occurs;
d) will pay the costs of any application made by QPSA Inc. under paragraph 11(c) and will consent to any application for security of costs made at any time by QPSA Inc.; and
e) consent to paying QPSA Inc. legal defence costs of the proceedings (on a solicitor client basis) where QPSA Inc. successfully defends the proceedings.
12) Governing Law: the governing law of this agreement is the law of the state of Queensland (‘Jurisdiction’). You irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the jurisdiction in which any incident occurs and waive any right to object to the exercise of such jurisdiction.
13) Prevailing conditions: you acknowledge and agree that:
a) the various physical and recreational activities offered as part of the QPSA Inc. activity, when conducted in the open environment can and will be affected by the weather which may change without warning; and
b) there is often an element of the “luck of the prevailing conditions” when undertaking the certain elements of the QPSA Inc. activity over which QPSA Inc. has no control.
You accept that in the event of extreme weather conditions QPSA Inc. reserves the right to alter the format of, shorten, or cancel the QPSA Inc. activity in the interest of participant safety.
14) Use of Image: You acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of you during the QPSA Inc. activity. You acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by QPSA Inc. and QPSA Inc. may use the photographs for promotional or other purposes without your further consent being necessary. Further, you consent to QPSA Inc. using your name, image, likeness and participation in the QPSA Inc. activity, at any time, by any form of media, to promote QPSA Inc.
15) Privacy: you understand that the personal information you have provided in this application is necessary for the conduct and management of the QPSA Inc. activity and other related activities, and that it is collected in accordance with this clause. You acknowledge that QPSA Inc. may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of conducting and administrating the QPSA Inc. activity or promotional material, referring disciplinary matters to your agency in accordance with these terms and conditions, liaising with third-party photographers for the purpose of contacting you to promote photographs from the QPSA Inc. activity. QPSA Inc. may share your information with third parties such as: your agency, affiliates; sponsors, QPSA Inc. activity providers; companies engaged by QPSA Inc. to carry out functions and activities on QPSA Inc. behalf including QPSA Inc. activity photography, direct marketing; and QPSA Inc. professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers and insurers; and government departments or agencies; however your information is not generally disclosed to anyone outside Australia. You acknowledge that third-party photographers may contact you via email to alert you when photos regarding the QPSA Inc. activity are available on that party’s website. You understand that you may access and request correction of your personal information held by QPSA Inc. or make a complaint about the handling of your personal information, by contacting QPSA Inc. You acknowledge that your QPSA Inc. activity application may be rejected if the information is not provided. If you do not wish to receive promotional material from QPSA Inc. sponsors and third parties you must advise QPSA Inc. in writing.
16) Entire agreement: this agreement (and the documents to which it refers) constitutes the entire agreement between you and QPSA Inc. in respect to the QPSA Inc. activity and supersedes all other agreements, understandings and representations and negotiations with QPSA Inc. in relation to the QPSA Inc. activity. To the extent that any clause of this agreement is void or unenforceable it is severable and does not affect the remaining provisions of the agreement.
Please note the following:
If the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or similar state laws operate so as to prevent the exclusion, restriction or modification of warranties otherwise implied by those laws then the liability of QPSA Inc. for breach of warranties is limited to the:
i re-supply of the QPSA Inc. activity and related activities; or
ii payment of the cost of having the QPSA Inc. activity or related activities supplied again.
Schedule 1 – waiver
For recreational services or activities provided throughout Australia:
For recreational services to which the Australian Consumer Law (Commonwealth) applies:
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree that the liability of QPSA Inc. in relation to recreational services (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the Australian Consumer Law) for any:
b) physical or mental injury (including the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury);
c) the contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease;
d) the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs:
i. that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to me or the community;
ii. that may result in harm or disadvantage to me or the community, that may be suffered by me (or a person for whom or on whose behalf I am acquiring the services) resulting from the supply of recreational services or recreational activities;
is excluded and the application of any express or implied term that any services will be provided with due care and skill is hereby excluded.
For recreational services or activities provided in Queensland:
For recreational services to which the Australian Consumer Law (Queensland) applies:
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that where you are a consumer of recreational services, as defined by any relevant law, certain terms and rights usually implied into a contract for the supply of goods or services may be excluded. You acknowledge that these implied terms and rights and any liability of QPSA Inc. flowing from them, are expressly excluded to the extent possible by law, by these terms and conditions. To the extent of any liability arising, the liability of QPSA Inc. will, at the discretion of QPSA Inc. , be limited in the case of goods, to the replacement, repair or payment of the cost of replacing the goods and in the case of services, the resupply of the services or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again. For the avoidance of doubt, this exclusion does not exclude liability for recklessness as defined by any relevant law.