This event is open to all athletes – beginner, intermediate, and advanced across individual and pair categories. The divisions will be:
- Individual – M & F (Open 18-34, 35+ Masters);
- Pairs – Male, Female, Mixed (Open 18-34, 35+ Masters)
All workouts can be scaled, and we would encourage all athletes to participate and have fun regardless of their lifting ability. The competition will run over two days with three workouts per day. Scores will be based on movements performed, workout duration and load shifted, that way an Individual athlete or Pair will rank higher than other Individual athletes or Pairs based on ability and performance. Everyone will compete over the two days.
It is up to each athlete to read and understand all competition rules, if you have any questions regarding rules of the competition please direct your questions to Arena Coordinator, Mitch Robinson – email: Robinson.MitchA@Police.qld.gov.au
- Athletes and judges must fully understand the Movement Standards and Workout Flow;
- Athletes and judges must attend ALL briefs;
- Judges must be ready to go in judges marshalling area no later than 10 minutes prior to heat timing;
- Athletes must be in the warm-up area no later than 10 minutes prior to heat, and will be called to marshalling area from there;
- Athletes will wait in marshalling area and receive a quick brief prior to moving out on to the floor;
- Athletes will wait until their name is called and must move to their designated lane;
- Judges decisions are final and are not to be argued with. If there is an appeal, consult the Head Judge prior to leaving the floor, once you have left the floor, decisions are final. Arguing with a judge may result in disqualification, this is at the Head Judges discretion;
- Athletes must sign for their score, once signed, the score is final;
- If any athlete receives an injury whilst competing, the Head Judge must be notified immediately. If an athlete suffers any open wounds (such as torn hands), your judge must be notified at the commencement of the workout and all equipment must be cleaned.
This event will provide the opportunity for athletes to battle it out for the top spots in Individual or Pairs categories. The two day event to be held at CrossFit Cross Axed on Thursday the 10th (Afternoon) and Friday the 11th (Day) of October. We are all about fun and participation. If you can do a push up off your knees you can compete.
Thursday, 10 October 2019 From 2.00 pm – 10.00 pm
Friday, 11 October 2019 From 8.00 am – 2.00 pm
Individual Male/Female (Open 18 – 34 / Masters 35 +)
Pairs Male, Female, Mixed (Open 18-34 / Masters 35+)
Day 1 – Thursday, 10 October 2019
Day 2 – Friday, 11 October 2019
See Event Schedule
FEES AND REGISTRATION
$65 – Individual Athlete / $120 – Pairs
(Plus $35 Games Registration Fee)
Please Note: To register as a Pair, organise your Pair’s partner and when the registrations open, you will register as an individual and be prompted to insert your partner’s name.
CrossFit CrossAxed 230 Lytton Rd Morningside
Nick Paterson, Maroochydore CIB Paterson.NicholasM@police.qld.gov.au
Mitch Robinson, Surfers Paradise Station Robinson.MitchA@police.qld.gov.au
Amanda Grant, Sunshine Coast CPIU Grant.AmandaC@police.qld.gov.au