Due to low registration numbers we wish to advise that the netball competition is cancelled.
Netball will comprise of both a women’s competition (Tuesday & Wednesday – competitors are required on both days) and a mixed competition (Thursday & Friday – competitors are required on both days). In relation to both competitions, the final schedule will be dependent upon the number of teams.
The competitions will be a round robin format with teams awarded 4 points for a win and 2 points for a draw (0 points for a loss). Games will be 2 x 15 minute halves. Players are welcome to register for both competitions. Winners and runners up will be allocated according to points.
- As per International Netball Federation – Outside Netball Rules ;
- All team players must be wearing the same uniform;
- Men in the mixed teams must have the same coloured shirts as the women in their teams;
- Shorts may be worn but must have no zips, large pockets or anything which may be a playing hazard to be on the clothing;
- No jewellery to be worn by any players;
- After close of entries and dependant on the number of teams entered, the organising committee reserves the right to reduce/alter game time in the Preliminary rounds
The competition will be outdoor netball played indoors (no net) consisting of both Women and Mixed teams. The women’s teams must have at least 5 (of the 7) team members on the court for the game to begin. Mixed must have a maximum of 3 males on the court, with a male being positioned in each third. There will be 2 umpires and a scorer per game.
Please direct any inquiries to the Coordinator listed under Contacts.
Women & Mixed
2 x 15-minute halves
Maximum 10 players per team plus sports coach
Tuesday, 8 October – Wednesday 9 October 2019
Thursday, 10 October – Friday 11 October 2019
9.30 am Start – Each Day
FEES AND TEAM REGISTRATION
$40 (Plus $35 Games Registration Fee)
Please Note: For team registration purposes, organise your team and nominate a Team Captain. When registrations open, you will register as an individual and be prompted to insert your Team Captain’s name.
Mount Warren Park Sports Centre, 2 Milne Street, Mt Warren Park
A/SC Sandra Mowbray, Logan CPIU Mowbray.SandraT@police.qld.gov.au