The Squash Tournament will be held over two days with a Swiss Draw Format. Players will play off for every position, meaning every competitor ends up with a final position with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placegetters to receive medals.
Rules in accordance with the World Squash Federation 2019 Rules.
- Minimum 3 matches
- Point a rall first to 11, best of 5 scoring
- Players must score/referee the match following their own
- Each player enters and plays in this tournament at his/her own risk. The venue operators, Staff, Scarborough Squash, and PCYC accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury of any nature whatsoever arising from any player’s participation in this event.
- Entry into this tournament shall be sufficient evidence that these conditions are accepted by the player.
- White sole or non-marking shoes must be worn.
- All players in one draw done in Swiss draw style
- Play offs for all positions, every competitor ends up with a final position
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall placegetter medals
- Balls provided
Seedings will be assessed using the Squash Australia Ranking System (SportyHQ), QLD Squash Master Rankings and International Ranking. If players don’t have any of the above rankings, the event coordinators will work with the players to understand their skill level and seed appropriately.
Please note due to the unknown amount of players and standards entering this event the following draws will be options once the details can be assessed:
- Swiss draw style: Players will play off for every position, meaning every competitor ends up with a final position. Minimum 3 matches. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall placegetter receive medals;
- Round Robin: different divisions as per standard of players;
- Minimum 3 matches. Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each division;
- Triple Plate draw: Main Draw, Special Plate and Consolation Plate. Minimum 3 matches with all players in one draw. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall placegetter receive medals.
The leading squash centre in the Moreton Bay region and has held events such as the Oceania Junior Championships, Trans-Tasman Championships, multiple Brisbane Open tournaments, and annual junior and masters tournaments. The facilities include 4 international standard glassback courts with adjustable tins and recently renovated court floors.
The multi-sport centre has high quality amenities and ample parking, and is walking distance to food options otherwise food will be provided on the day. Redcliffe is a bustling small town on the peninsula with stunning waterfront locations.
Thursday 10 October 2019
Friday 11 October 2019
8.30 am (Both Days)
$30 per player (Plus $35 Games Registration Fee)
PCYC Redcliffe, 170 Klingner Road, Kippa-Ring
Josh Foyle, Queensland Health Foyle.Joshua@health.qld.gov.au
Susan Alerdice, Ipswich District Alderdice.SusanM@police.qld.gov.au