The Stand Up Paddle Board event will consist of a Juniors Sprint Race; Open Male / Female Sprint Race; Masters Male / Female Sprint Race; and Masters of the Universe Male / Female Sprint Race.
- Entrants MUST be competent swimmers;
- Start and finish will run parallel with the swimming enclosure;
- Any type of SUP Board is eligible to enter from professional to recreational;
- Paddlers must have leg rope to compete;
- SUP boards can be hired if necessary from (to be confirmed) and individuals are to check website and contact hire company prior to event.
The Juniors Sprint Sprint Race will be over 1.6 kms and the Open, Masters and Masters of the Universe events will run over 3.2 kms. The events will have a water start and a water finish that run parallel with the designated swimming area and will consist of 2 x 800m laps for Junior participants and 4 x 800m laps for all other participants.
Schedule and Categories
Commencing from 9.00 am in the following order:
Event 1 – Juniors Sprint Race – 1.6 kms (Under 16 yrs)
Event 2 – Open Female Sprint Race – 3.2 kms (16 – 34 yrs)
Event 3 – Open Male Sprint Race – 3.2 kms (16 – 34 yrs)
Event 4 – Masters Female Sprint Race – 3.2 kms (35 – 54 yrs)
Event 5 – Master Male Sprint Race – 3.2 kms (35 – 54 yrs)
Event 6 – Masters of the Universe Female Sprint Race – 3.2 kms (55 + yrs)
Event 7 – Masters of the Universe Male Sprint Race – 3.2 kms (55 + yrs)
Thursday, 10 October 2019.
Enoggera Reservoir, Mount Nebo Rd, The Gap
Amanda-Jane Round, RTU, QPSA
Vicki Barrett, (Justice Dept.)